IDEMIA IDENTITY & SECURITY USA LLC.
for Commercial Products
This Privacy Statement applies to the Idemia Identity & Security USA LLC (“IDEMIA”) mobile, web based and cloud hosted commercial product applications (the “Services”) and governs the collection and use of data in connection with the Services. IDEMIA is committed to protecting the personally identifiable information (“PII”) and other non-PII data (“Data”) of its customers and end-users (collectively “Users”) collected and used in connection with the Services. It does not apply to any information an entity collects for its own use. Use of the Services constitutes agreement and consent to the practices described in this statement.
IDEMIA Services may collect PII and Data which may include the following:
· User PII provided during the download and use of the Services, including name, address, passwords, date of birth, identity documents and related information (e.g., driver’s licenses, passports, etc.) and biometric information (e.g., face, iris, voice etc.).
· Data about a User’s use of the Services, including crash logs and usage statistics.
· Data about a User’s device and its interaction with the Services, including the type of mobile device, unique user ID, IP address and operating system and type of browsers in use.
· Data about the location of a User’s device, including geo-location information.
· Analytics and statistics such as the number of identity documents processed within a time interval, the pass/fail rate of a type of identity document or of a document authentication process, pass/fail codes, date and/or location of document issuance.
IDEMIA may use the information collected through the Services in the following way:
Stateful Services deliver value through the long-term storage of User PII. An example of a stateful Service is the storage of biometric information to perform 1:1 and 1:N matching for User identification and verification. Stateless Services provide Users value without the need for long-term storage of PII. An example of a stateless product and/or service is the process of determining if a presented document is authentic (e.g., determining the authenticity of a US Driver’s License).
PII for Stateful Services will be retained until one of the following events occurs:
· The User manually deletes PII stored in connection with the Service.
· The User cancels the Services, in which case, PII will be retained for 30-calendar days to support a potential re-activation of the Service. After the re-activation period expires, all PII related to the User will be purged from our system(s) during the next schedule purge of PII.
PII for Stateless Services will be used as follows:
· In general, PII for Stateless Services will be stored for a 30-calendar day period and purged on a monthly basis. PII older than 30-days will automatically be purged from the system during the next scheduled Data purge.
· For User support purposes, PII will remain in the system until either 30-days from the date the support request is resolved or the next scheduled purge process after the support request is resolved.
2.2 Retention and Use of Data
Data that does not contain PII or has been anonymized will be retained indefinitely to test and improve the Services and related products, including:
· To monitor and improve quality of Services
· To improve or develop functionality
· To provide anonymized analytics and statistics on the Services
IDEMIA secures PII by encrypting PII data at rest and in transit. All PII is protected on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment protected from unauthorized access. When PII is transmitted, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocols to protect against unintended recipients obtaining access to PII.
Questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement should be directed to IDEMIA at privacy@IDEMIA.com. IDEMIA will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly understand and address the issue.
Users may opt-out of the collection of PII or Data by IDEMIA by canceling the Services and uninstalling the applications from all User devices.
IDEMIA will occasionally update this Privacy Statement. The latest version of the Privacy Statement can be found at www.IDEMIA.com. Downloading or use of the Services after any changes to this Privacy Statement, constitutes consent to the revised Privacy Statement.